Have you been struck with disaster? Housefire? Flooding? Tornado? Burst Pipe? If you answered “yes” to any of these, or have been faced with a similar kind of event, it is probable that you’re feeling lost and helpless. You are NOT alone! Your first move should be to call a professional licensed Public Adjuster. Let AllCity Adjusting be there for you. Don’t Settle, Get More.
What is a Public Adjuster?
It is likely that you have heard of an insurance adjuster; one who works for the insurance company inspecting and adjusting insurance claims on behalf of the insurance company, but a public adjuster is quite different. Licensed public adjusters or PA’s as they are also called work for YOU, the insured (claimant or policy holder). A PA advocates for the insured by appraising and negotiating a claimant’s insurance claim in order to maximize their settlement. A hired licensed public adjuster can legally represent the insured and their rights during the entire insurance claim process. In short, a public adjuster is on YOUR side and only works for you to ensure that you receive a fair settlement for your loss.
What will a Public Adjuster do for me?
Hiring a Licensed Public Adjuster will benefit you in MANY ways- Here’s why:
- When hiring an experienced licensed public adjuster, you’re getting someone on your side who can fight back against your insurance company and provide professional expertise to achieve a maximum settlement.
- PAs typically have extensive experience in construction and insurance alike. They can negotiate back and forth with the insurance adjuster when the damage is being assessed. The PA will know if the insurance adjuster is being fair and honest about the cost of repairs and will negotiate on your behalf in order to get you more money from your claim. AllCity Adjusting has access to many reputable experts and engineers who can be called on to substantiate any part of your claim.
- A typical insurance policy is loaded with ambiguous verbiage and contains hundreds of provisions and stipulations that are meant to be difficult for the policy holder to understand. Your Public Adjuster is extremely knowledgeable and highly trained in interpreting these policies. Their knowledge and expertise will allow them to read through all the jargon to determine covered and uncovered items and negotiate with the insurance company to come to a final and FAIR settlement. Remember- if the insurance company is being fair and honest with you, they will not mind that you have hired a public adjuster to represent you.
- In most cases, hiring a PA will shorten the claim process, which means money in your pocket FASTER. Their advanced knowledge of the claims process, using the proper language when communicating with your insurance company, as well as their understanding of how to organize your claim and process the paperwork correctly allows the claim to be settled and get your repairs underway faster than without using a public adjuster.
- Public adjusters are able to reopen a claim and negotiate for more money if a discrepancy is found after the claim has been settled.
- Because a PA’s fee is paid from a percentage of your settlement payout, their services come at NO out of pocket cost to you. This has been studied and has proven that homeowners who hired a PA received higher settlements than those who did not. A PA is highered by YOU and works for YOU and only YOU. They have no intent other than to ensure that you receive the maximum settlement that you are owed for your loss.
A property loss can be one of the most difficult and stressful situations you will ever be faced with, and dealing with the requirements of filing a proper insurance claim only adds to the uncertainty and stress. You will be forced to make many critical decisions during this time that may leave you feeling confused and overwhelmed. Hiring a public adjuster will not only alleviate most of this burden, but it will also offer you peace of mind throughout the whole process. Knowing that they are on your side and are working for you will allow you to rest a little easier.
All of these factors added together will assure you that hiring a public adjuster is a sensible and financially responsible decision. At AllCity Adjusting our 50 years of combined experience, strong reputation, and our ultimate dedication to our clients will provide maximum comfort and assure you of a positive claims outcome. Don’t Settle, Get More.